H.R.5533 -- Nonprofit Sector and Community Solutions Act of 2010 (Introduced in House - IH)
- The purposes of this Act are the following:
- (1) To enhance the ability of the nonprofit sector to address public challenges and maximize opportunities to improve quality of life in the communities where nonprofit organizations work.
- (2) To strengthen communities across the United States by making the Federal Government a more productive partner with nonprofit organizations through the establishment of better Federal coordination with respect to, enhanced transparency with respect to, and greater support for the work of nonprofit organizations.
- (3) To collect, assemble, and make available Federal data and research on the nonprofit sector and to generate new data and research where necessary to support the development of effective Federal policy.
- (4) To raise awareness of the nonprofit sector and the vital civic, social, and economic contributions nonprofit organizations make to the United States.